Job Title: CNC Turner (Programming experience essential)
Location: Port Talbot
Salary: £14.03 per hour PAYE
Shift: Mon - Thurs 7.30am to 4pm & 2pm finish on Friday
We are working with a workshop who are looking for a CNC Machinist who has good experience programming ideally with Heidenhain, Fanuc or Haas controls however open to speak to candidate with other control experience.
As the majority of the work is machining parts for Port Talbot Steel works there is little to no batch work, as a result you need to be able to work independently on a machine and capable of bespoke one off jobs.
The ideal candidate will ideally be time served within a busy engineering environment.
Preferably the candidate would
- Be fully skilled time served engineer with CNC experience;
- Have extensive experience of Setting and Programming CNC machinery;
- Have a good working knowledge of Fanuc, Heidenhain or Haas Controls
- Able to create, load, examine and modify CNC programmes;
- Able to interpret engineering drawings and written/verbal instructions;
- Able to use a wide variety of measuring equipment;
- Have a flexible, friendly and positive approach;
This role offers stability and the opportunity to work on varied projects.
There is usually plenty of overtime which is paid at time and a half up to 8pm Monday to Friday and up to 12.00 on Saturday. After 8pm Monday to Friday and after 12.00 on Saturday is paid at double time enabling you to greatly increase your earning potential.