Business Development Manager
Location: Swindon 1 day per week (Field/Home Based)
Salary: £30k-£35k Basic + Uncapped OTE & Car Allowance
Essential: Good New Business self-generated B2B sales experience
Job Title: Business Development Manager
A consistent Sunday Times Top 100 Employer, Gold Investor in People & an overall fantastic company to work for. As a Business Development Manager, you will be joining an incredibly successful team & helping to drive the business towards future success.
Although the role is predominantly Field Based, when in the office you can enjoy the state-of-the-art environment. Kitted out with an inhouse gym, pool table & stunning work environment. They pride themselves on balancing hard work with fun & recognition.
As a BDM, you will be responsible for generating new customers from the initial lead through the full sales cycle to close. This includes booking and then attending your appointments, building proposals, negotiating, providing product demonstrations, and closing the opportunities. Targeting a range of businesses across all industries.
You will be generating your own leads and appointments through telemarketing, email, social and networking channels. It is essential that you are happy to be proactive in your prospecting as there will be some leads generated from marketing, but the majority will be self-generated.
Key Responsibilities as a BDM:
- Consistently deliver against business targets including GP, Connection Revenue, new customers, and meetings attended.
- Perform proactive prospecting to self-generate leads through telemarketing, email, social and networking channels.
- Manage the full sales process from lead to close.
- Securing and managing medium to large opportunities, whilst maintaining a run rate of smaller new customers.
- Work closely with our operations and delivery teams when new solutions are being implemented to ensure a good customer experience.
- Full use of our CRM, regularly updating information when required.
Skills Required as a BDM:
- Must have proven success in a previous New Business sales role, within Telecoms, IT or Cyber
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent communication skills across all business levels
- IT literate - an added interest in how technology can help businesses would also be beneficial
- Driving License - ability to work from Swindon office once a week and visit customers