CNC Machinist - Programmer/Setter & Operator
We are working with a company that fabricates stainless steel pipework across several industries.
We are looking for an experience machinist who is confident in working on one off bespoke work completing the programming as well as the machining on a daily basis.
The workshop is based near Swansea and working hours are:
- Monday to Thursday - 8am to 4.30pm
- Friday 8am to 1.45 pm
You have a 15 min break in the morning as well as a 30 min lunch break.
A full working week is 38.75 hours
All basic hours are paid on an hourly rate depending on experience the range is £14 to £16 per hour this equates to £28,210 to £32,240 as an annual salary.
Salary is reviewed on an annual basis.
Overtime is available when working towards tight deadlines as well as large orders received. Overtime is paid at time and a half Monday to Saturday 12.00 after this overtime is increased to double time.
There is a 2 stage interview process:
1st phase is with the hiring managers discussing your ability to complete the skills required for the role.
2nd phase is a skills-based interview where you will be asked to show competency in programming and machining.
Key Responsibilities / Skills:
- Experience in all turning, boring surfacing, threading, drilling and some milling operations.
- CNC programming experience with Fanuc controls is preferred however other programming experience is also welcome.
- Ability to use and knowledge of holding devices, fixtures, clamping, place and secure parts.
- Ability to maintain accuracy to required tolerances, drawings, and specifications.
- Ability to select correct tools for the application.
- Must adhere to good safety practice consistently.
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Good communication skills.
For more information please don't hesitate to contact Perfect Path Recruitment directly on 03300 43 43 76.