Job Title: Events Coordinator - Initially part-time 2-3 days per week but increasing over time
Salary: £25k Pro Rata
Start Date: ASAP
Requirements: Own transport
We are recruiting for one of the country's leading regional investors, able to drive significant and profitable growth through their Complete Connected Capital model. Their mission is to find great domestic businesses with global potential. Because of their strong local footprint, deep understanding, and knowledge of the regions, they have been successful in finding such businesses through serial founders that trust us to invest and behave responsibly. Some of these are in quite discrete sectors which they are only able to access through their specialist expertise and established networks, many of which have performed well in this current environment. An exciting time for the company despite what has been an unprecedented year in terms of the disruption of COVID-19, the organisation has emerged a year ahead of plan and has already grown its team by more than 20 people over the last 12 months.
We are looking for a talented and experienced Events Coordinator to join the Marketing team to support the design and successful implementation of a range of exciting events across the group, both digital and in person.
- Implementing the Group's Events Plan and providing administration support
- Internal activities (e.g. team away days, celebrations etc.)
- External profile building:
- Fund-level marketing events
- PLC-level events (e.g. Capital Markets Days)
- Managing all event details including registration lists (ensuring that all events are run at the agreed capacity), equipment and promotional material.
- Conducting research, gathering information and presenting venue suggestions to the Head of Marketing & Communications.
- Managing the production of marketing material and syndication (across online and offline channels) to help promote all events and facilitate engagement.
- Providing support in the pre and post event marketing, generating leads for the Sales/Business Development functions and helping to manage marketing campaigns.
- Proactively handling any arising issues and troubleshooting any emerging problems on the event day.
- Conducting pre- and post-event evaluations and reporting on event feedback.
- Providing administration assistance to the Marketing team as needed, with particular focus on implementing agreed tactics to support the Marketing team and wider Group's KPIs.
- Supporting other colleagues' use of CRM and marketing systems used by the business and be able to ensure that data is collected and curated accurately.
- Managing and providing support for in-house meetings including catering, meeting room bookings and equipment.
- Creativity and flair for organising events.
- Strong interpersonal skills and confidence to organise people to ensure an event runs smoothly.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A keen eye for detail and perfection.
- Excellent time/project management with a high level of organisation is essential, including the ability to work to tight deadlines and manage multiple projects independently.
- MS Office proficiency and experience using digital / technology eventing platforms.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Self-starter with a passion for technology and start-ups and a desire to progress within a growing investment business.
- Regular travel throughout the UK required. These are usually day trips, but very occasionally overnight. Fortnightly team meetings take place in Manchester and Henley in-Arden and candidates will be expected to join these meetings.
- BS in Event Management or related field is an advantage although not essential.
- They are a collaborative team and so it's important that you share their Core Values (Growth Focused, Responsive, Knowledgeable, Trusted).
- You must be prepared to travel to other offices and ideally hold a driving licence enabling you to drive in the UK.
- You should have the right to work in the UK
- Discretionary bonus 10% -20% of basic salary subject to performance conditions and commission based payment
- 25 days annual leave per year (holiday runs from Jan - Dec) plus bank holidays
- Long term capital incentives, including a discretionary award of share options
- Provision of health cover for you - this is with BUPA.
- Provision of life assurance cover, equivalent to four times annual basic salary
- Provision of income protection cover
- Appreciation Days - companywide discretionary award of additional annual leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Electric Vehicle Scheme