Salary: £25-£35k (DOE)
Location: South Wales
Job Type: Permanent
Report to: Head of Logistics
Direct Reports: None
As Export Manager, you will take responsibility for the export of products to customers nationally and internationally, including the EU. This will entail all aspects of the exporting process, from due diligence, compliance and administrative tasks. You will take a hands-on approach to the role, which will involve preparing export documentation and checking relevant commodity / tariff codes & licensing requirements.
As well as the export coordination and management, you may also get involved with some importing duties when required.
Principal Accountabilities / Objectives:
- Manage the export process and ensure compliance with international regulations.
- Complete and manage export declarations.
- Plan and coordinate the international shipment of goods.
- Negotiate rates for haulage, sea freight, airfreight, courier to achieve best possible costs and services.
- Work with freight forwarders, agents, importers/exporters of record and vendors to obtain costings for Sales Quotations.
- Manage relationships with all 3rd party logistics and freight providers worldwide in a cost-effective manner.
- Manage warehousing, logistics and freight management processes and procedures internally, with customers and with logistics providers.
- Manage the arrangements for freight shipments in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Provide documents to 3rd party logistics and customers in a timely manner, which include, Invoice, airway bills, Certificate of Origin, Insurance Certificate, Packing List, Certificate of Analysis.
- Liaise with sales and 3rd party logistics throughout the documentation process to ensure that customers' needs are being met.
- Track freight movement and communicate any delays to the business and the customer.
- Maintain good working relationships with customers, sales, vendors and government agency representatives.
- Hold regular meetings with customers to develop goodwill and address issues.
- Customs Tariff / Commodity Code management.
- Maintenance of all export procedures, working with relevant teams and customers.
- Identify customs risks and prevent and mitigate violations, implementing any corrective and preventative actions.
Other Key Responsibilities:
- Managing all aspects of stock control; codes, goods in / out, stock management, purchase orders.
- Provide Customs expertise and guidance to deliver to the customer and ensure the business is constantly compliant with all HMRC processes and any changes to legislation are implemented throughout the business.
- Knowledge of exporting telecommunication products or similar products.
- Experience of working with Importers and Exporters of Record.
- Demonstrate the ability to use creativity, reasoning, past experience, information and available resources to resolve issues.
- Able to produce shipping quotations and costs for our customers.
- Liaise and advise internally on matters of delivery and cost.
- Ensure all deliveries and collections are conducted in a timely manner and report on exceptions.
- Knowledge of commodity codes, duties, taxes, etc.
- Able to check export declarations and associated paperwork.
- Keep export data records and proof of shipment.
- Apply for required certificates of origin/licences, etc.
- Handling shipping documents.
- Able to check, process and submit documents for export and import clearance.
- Dealing with shipments as a third-party service provider.
- Understanding of customs warehouse procedures and removals.
- Excellent numeracy, organisational and administration skills.
- A good knowledge of Microsoft office and communication mediums such as Teams, Skype, email, etc.
- Experience in transport, logistics and warehousing operational process.