Product Manager, SD-WAN & Security
Salary: Up to £85k (100k+ OTE)
Location: Hybrid (2 days a week in office, Shoreditch)
Title: Product Manager, SD-WAN & Security
This role is part of the Product team under the Data Business Unit. The role is responsible for managing the full life cycle of SD-WAN and Security products, including Product development and Product management. The candidate will position our client as a disruptor in SD-WAN marketplace. SDWAN is a central offering to modernize customer WAN infrastructure and connect to other core offerings such as Data Centre Interconnects and Cloud Networking. SD-WAN Security is an add-on offering to enhance the customer's overall security posture. He/she is responsible for the strategy, definition of requirements, translation of requirements into functional and technical specifications for internal/external stakeholders and then drive the Product development/Management from start to finish. He/she will work with a diverse set of internal and external partners, building and maintaining relationships to drive a great customer experience. As the principal Product Manager, you will be in-charge for the success of our clients SD-WAN and Security products and to drive presence, market share, revenue, and profit targets across the market.
- Define a product strategy and roadmap for SD-WAN and Security portfolio for all segments in partnership with key stakeholders
- Able to identify the market trends/opportunities for enterprise grade solutions that involve WAN networking and Security. For example, integration with cloud networking, Data Centre Interconnect, Access and Infiny to deliver end-to-end enterprise solutions.
- Create clear proposition and differentiators for specific market segment (carrier, channel and enterprise) and/or verticals based on the defined strategy and roadmap.
- Enhance the SDWAN with new features by working in collaboration with technology partners to offer additional services
- Expand in new WAN offering options such as SD-LAN, WIFI, SASE, etc., to stay competitive in the market.
- Expand offering on professional services to deploy enterprise-grade network for customer with integration capabilities for end-to-end solution.
- Expand offering on managed service to support proactive monitoring and Change / Incident management.
- Act as the single point of contact in providing specialist subject matter expertise for effective mobilization / go-to-market of the products or new partnerships
- Interlock with Solution Design Team, other Product Managers and Sales to ensure market and customer requirements are considered and included in strategy and roadmap
- Partner effectively with all departments across the business to ensure commercial success and superior customer experience for the products across market
Skills & Knowledge
- Degree in Electronic/Electrical Engineering or Computer Science with at least 5-7 years of experience in managing relevant products across telecommunication-related services
- Experience in setting and leading the product strategy for products, ideally in the telecommunications, IT or Technology industry
- The candidate should have a good knowledge (in terms of market, technical and product features) on enterprise networking and security related services, including Cloud networking, Ethernet, Access and others
- Good knowledge and understanding on networking stack (such as routing, switching etc.) and security stack (such as NGFW, SWG, etc.)
- Good knowledge in working/partnering with technology/software/hyper scaler partners to jointly offer differentiated solutions in the market
- Ability to effectively consolidate the requirements of multiple stakeholder groups to define feasible product and go-to market strategies for specific products
- Should have a natural analytical way of thinking and be able to explain difficult concepts to nontechnical users
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to work with multiple stakeholders
- Proven ability to influence stakeholders at all levels of an organization
- High energy, strong relationship building and fast learner of things