Job Title: Field Based Telecoms Engineer
Location: Cardiff/Bristol/Birmingham/Swansea (can be located in any)
Salary: £24,000 - £35,000 + Company Van
Industry: Telecoms/IT Networking
Hours: Monday - Friday 9am - 5.30pm
We are working with a fast-growing Telecoms & IT company who are looking for an experienced installation engineer to help facilitate their fast growth. This is a field-based role covering South Wales/South West & Midlands.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Telecoms Engineer/Installation Engineer with previous experience in VoIP / SIP and IP networks to join an expanding team to assist with the delivery of telecoms and IT services to an expanding customer base.
You will be responsible for configuring and installing all types of IT equipment such as lines, broadband, hosted cloud telephony, telephone systems, networks, WiFi and IP CCTV.
The ideal candidate will have a strong VOIP / SIP / IP technical background, managing distributed IP devices as well as a passion for surpassing customer expectations. Our client set themselves apart by offering excellent customer support backed up by innovative technical solutions. They aim to achieve this through constant innovation, listening to their customer's requests, and building a strong team in-house.
- Assist in configuring and installing telecoms and networking infrastructure (routers, switches, firewalls and VoIP)
- Conduct pre-installation meetings and gather data collection ready for pre-build of solutions.
- Assist with the provisioning of new customers and services.
- On-site installation of telecoms and IT equipment
- Provide training to the customer on the solutions we provide both onsite and remotely.
Job Experience Required:
- Have a telecoms / IT background with VoIP experience (Ideally with a Telecoms reseller or IT MSP)
- Proven/practical knowledge of VoIP and SIP. Knowledge of SIP messaging, call flows and analysis of packet captures.
- Good working knowledge of IP networks and TCP/IP skills
- Solid experience in customer service (excellent verbal and written communication skills required)
- Knowledge and experience of IP PBX systems
Renumeration and Benefits:
- Company Van
- Staff Share Equity Scheme
- New customer referral incentive
- 21 Days Holiday increasing to 25 with 4 years of service (+ bank holidays)